Friday, July 10, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson...

I don't know if you all know this, but I have been an MJ fan since birth, literally my mom liked MJ so I was jamming to Off the Wall in the womb back in '79! I'm not getting old, I'm getting betta you youngstas...lol.
I know that any death hurts, especially one of someone that you may have felt close to in any sort of manner. My only brush with MJ was of course the Victory Tour at Soldier Field in 84 (had to throw that in there ;) Of course it hurt to find out he passed, but Now he is in a better place and finally not hurting from the pain of this world.
I have heard there are 7 influential people in your life whether you actually know them or not. I don't know how true it is, but I know I have ALWAYS felt close to MJ, 2Pac, Aaliyah and Beyonce, besides my Mom, and grandparents obviously, lol. I guess I feel like these particular artists music speaks directly to me. In my tribute, my mom, who put me on MJ, STILL has this picture of me in my thriller jacket...(this is real talk from the heart and I'm not fronting for the homies by false flagging like I'm "tough" and hiding my feelings :) WOW...I love you Mom, and RIP MJ...





5 comments:

  1. Does your mom still have the jacket? This is such a cute picture! You were adorable! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, I cant remember WHERE this jacket went...lol the email is up and functional too... info@stopsellingdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivan,
    Your new site is great and thanks for all the nice things you said! I too am sadden by the death of MJ but he is resting in peace and no longer in pain. The previous post is correct, "you were adorable and still is in my book!" Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivan,
    After thinking about "where" the Thriller jacket went; I am not certain but I know it went to one of the charitable organizations; i.e. Am Vets or the Purple Hearts. Hm... if I had found room to store that particular item, would you be the composer of "SSD?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. SSD ON YOUR SITE, OF COURSE...

    ReplyDelete