Saturday, July 11, 2009

Drake...The Pressure is on...


By now, most people that know me, know that I am a fan of Drake. It's really simple to understand because as a photographer, I consider myself an artist. Quite honestly, I think I can relate to Drake as an artist because he strives to make good music and I feel he has done what you are supposed to do when it comes to being an artist: build a buzz, get your music/art in as many peoples hands and have everyone in the streets talking! (I believe this is what every artist should strive to do, including me). But now, the pressure for Drake to make an album as good as his mixtapes is definitely in full effect.

I think we have all seen artists succumb to the pressure of being on top of the mixtape game only to fall from grace pretty hard, especially come album time. (i.e. Lloyd Banks and Jin to name a couple... do you even remember Jin? Either way, I wish Drake ALL the luck and HOPE his album lives up to all the hype that we have given him! Believe me if he doesn't, I of all people will be mad, but I will also be the first in line to tell Drake, "Damn, you sold us a dream!" I need that good music mayne! If you haven't heard of Drake, Here is the latest mixtape to hit the streets.

Thanks to On Smash for the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment