Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is 50 Cent Forever King? Maybe In HIS dreams...

By now, I'm sure most of you have heard that 50 Cent a.k.a. Fif, plans to put out a mixtape every few weeks this summer until his album Until I Self Destruct hits stores this fall. I think I can safely say I am a self-proclaimed music head, so I try to listen to anyone that has ATLEAST had a good reign, meaning they have earned my respect enough to listen to what they have to say. I know with some of these new kids on the block, I have to be force fed to listen to their music like being forced to eat guacamole!
In Forever King, 50 decides to go FAR left by doing his own updated remix versions of old school R & B 90's songs like Al B Sure's I'm Dreaming And Case's Touch Me Tease Me.
Now mind you, I know that artists are supposed to grow, take risks and try new things by being able to step outside the box. I have been checking around, and a few sites have been saying that 50 Cent is back...SSD (dont believe the hype!!!!). This time, I don't think 50's far fetched attempt has succeeded.
What's interesting is I usually like 50's music, but seeing as this new school doesn't even remember half of the songs on this mixtape, I can only hope the "King's" album has a better concept of what the people want or in the immortal words of B.I.G. "50 Cent's reign on the top will be short like leprechauns."


Here is the mixtape for you:
I'll let you choose King Fifty's fate:
All Hail The King... or Dethrone him...

No comments:

Post a Comment