Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drake - Find Your Love (Video)

As of late I have been toggling an awkward feeling when it comes to dealing with female companionship. To be or not to be with someone is the question. Obviously, everyone wants to be "loved/wanted" but at what cost?

My friend Beene always says "getchu a friend" so you don't have worry about being emotionally involved and can still have the fun of female companionship with no intimacy, headache or physicality but just good conversation.

The problem with that is I took that advice 5 years ago and then the friend eventually became a "Friend" who then became a girlfriend, in which I migrated to another part of the country with her i.e. to California, no doubt aboooout it!!

It was obviously great for "me" and my personal goals. It was very, very bad for "us" and ours. Now, I don't have the friend or girlfriend. Oh well, 5 years later I still have the fun in the Cali Sun.

When I moved to California, I think I traded love for my career because the more and more that I meet new people, and go out on "50 first dates", I continuously realize 1, everyone seems to just want to have fun in the Cali sun and 2, I really do need to focus on my goals at hand and not get distracted by anything including women.

What's interesting to me is with each scenario, there seems to always be a looming battle between having a good woman to hold you down and being single and focused on your goals so you don't have to settle for anyone or anything because you are happy with yourself, successful and truly a grade-A catch.

Coincidentally, the way the world works, most, not all women will flock to you mysteriously "once you've made it" anyway.

Now here is the fun part, if you do find your love, does she want you because you are you or because you are "YOU"? Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

In Drake's new video Find Your Love, he is in Jamaica working on his album when he meets "the girl of his dreams."

A friend tells him to concentrate on his goal, which is finishing his music, but of course he doesn't listen.

Even though I know this is just a video, art imitates life and after going through my dilemma and then watching this video, I think I'm going to just...ummmm, watch the video again! I guess this could be my I'm Focused song for the day also.

*sidenote, I'm not just saying its one-sided.
Ladies, I know the same thing happens to you. You have goals and then meet a guy that throws everything else off.
But on the same hand, what if you meet a good guy that can keep you grounded and motivated, what do you do?
Or if you are a successful woman, you worry about if the guy just wants you because you are successsssss-ful...

I really don't know the answer...
Anyway,


No comments:

Post a Comment