Thursday, May 20, 2010

Unthinkable. I'm Ready...Or Am I?

"Tez keeps telling me he just turned 30/ Having dreams of being single forever, he's getting worried, And I'm scared too, 'cause I'm in the same boat/ Good women are rare too, none of them ever came close/ Me, I haven't changed much, you know how I play it/ Better safe than sorry, instead of searching for substance at every single party. Baby, being part of this life, I feel like I'm bound to end up with somebody that's been with everybody" - Drake (Unthinkable, I'm Ready Remix)

Wow, just as I think the day can't get any better or worse, I find THE song and lyrics that really go along with my mood. Up and Down.

I know music touches the soul and honestly this song soothes my manic depressive situation, almost like a perfect fit for my artistic but commercially-biased, love-seeking mind.

To start off, people always ask me why I like Drake so much. Simple. I completely relate to his music, and the beats are out of control. Period.

Just like Drake's friend Tez, I just turned 30, I am single and I am in the entertainment world a.k.a. "living the life." If these lyrics don't relate to me, I don't know what the word "relate" means.

To go in depth, from first hearing the song, I felt Drake should have been on the original version of Alicia Keys' song Unthinkable, I'm Ready and not just in the background. To find out that there is a remix version with him actually rapping is the thrill I have been seeking.

Now, the second scenario is that this sacred Drake verse that I have been hoping for ends up speaking directly to me. It's like a double-edged sword with alcohol on one side and soothing ointment on the other.

I have been going through this relvolving door of a thought process for as long as I can remember. Wondering about the battle of love verse career and how to balance the two is a doozy. In my mind, it is almost impossible.

On one hand you have the "stay focused, don't get distracted" approach. Of course you obtain your goals, but you have no one to share your success with.

On the other hand, you have someone that you love but end up sacrificing some of your goals to make your relationship work. Hmmmm, which path do you choose?

I don't even want to mention the "Once you've made it you" scenario. You reach success and so now you meet a million people continuously wanting to be in your grill while you repetitiously wonder if they love you for your money or because "you" personally make them smile.

This situation eats you alive all while creeping within the midst of your subconscious reality. In the end you settle for the beautiful woman that never loved you. But you have a nice arm piece right?

Don't get me wrong, I know women go through these same situations. Believe me, I'm throwing an SSD flag in your face if you think people with money haven't gotten the cream of the crop of a mate without the help of that money/cash/Diner-O's to back them up!

While I am talking about this, A scenario developed just last night where an actual friend of mine blatantly stated she would never date a "guy like that" but he had money and I know after seeing them smile together, the money was definitely a deciding factor in making her at least think about the possibility. Now that I think about it, I kind of feel sorry for THAT guy now.

Its the same situation when people stay together even after they realize its over. Yes, love or great sex would extend their dying relationship, but the stress point ALWAYS can and will be pushed even further if there's a monetary value included.

i.e. if you were fed up 6 weeks ago, if the person was rich you would add 6 more weeks to that equation.

Love is a tricky thing. I don't wanna dwell on it too long so I will let you listen to the song and make your own judgement.



No comments:

Post a Comment