Saturday, May 15, 2010

B.O.B. & Charles Hamilton @ Stingaree

Between the Padres Baseball game, Drake performing Live at the annual Sun God Festival at UCSD and The 93.3FM Summer kick off concert, yesterday I can truly say it was a mad house for all of downtown. I really can't stress how excited I was for San Diego.

If you add the nightlife element along with the afterparties, I would say it was the perfect combination for a great night downtown.

I also feel it was a great night for San Diego because hip-hop/R&B and the urban genre as a whole was alive and well bringing a positive response to downtown's Gaslamp District.

As promised, Drake was at On Broadway even though Nicki Minaj who was rumored to be coming ended up not tagging along for this one. She wasn't officially scheduled so it's no big deal. Hmmmm...anyway.

Usher was at Fluxx, but it was so packed that most people couldn't get in if you didn't know somebody or be there by 8:30 P.M.

And B.O.B. had a host of "friends" following him wherever he went throughout the whole Stingaree nightclub... the entire night.

What's funny is I always talk about "gaining the status" and people wanting to be around you once you are successful. Yesterday just proved my point.

B.O.B. is a cool dude, I met him and he was real chill, but we damn well know those "friends" would not be following him around if he wasn't "B.O.B." the guy with the number one single.

To be honest, think about your family and real true friends. They don't even follow you around like that and they are your friends.

The only reason I noticed this particular "group of people" following him around was because as I was working (i.e. getting paid to take photographs) these "friends" would jump in front of me to stand in line to hopefully get a chance to talk to B.O.B.

I was thinking to myself, "Wow, I'm working, what are YOU doing..." HA.

I digress.

The performance was cool and B.O.B. chilled the whole night which is always a good thing. Most celeb appearances have these stars hanging for a few minutes and then sneaking out.

Either way, it was a great night for San Diego and I hope we can have more stellar nights like this again. And Soon...

*photos courtesy of ISH for J Public Relations/Stingaree

No comments:

Post a Comment