Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Unforgettable...

Confession time. If you really know me, you know I am a huge fan of Beyonce. But if you REALLY know me then you know, if I am a true Beyonce fan, then Aaliyah would be my obsession.

I am and still have been one of the biggest Aaliyah fans ever since '94 when I cut school with KB to buy her single on CASSETTE. Quit playing with me! HA..

Recently, I’m sure a lot of you caught the Drake U-stream video with this mysterious Aaliyah Sample and knocking beat in the background. It was unforgettable right? Well I think Drake knew that, because the song has leaked and it is a SMASH!

The song is called Unforgettable featuring Young Jeezy with Aaliyah’s melodic voice sampled in the background. When I heard the unfinished song with the acapella sample on the ustream, tears came to my eyes because well that’s what her posthumous voice does to me.

If this song is a sample of how Drake’s album will be, God help the rest of the industry because they may not eat…Only Time will tell.

RIP Baby Girl!

Special shout out to DJ Ironic for Finally putting ME onto a new Drake song…you got one on me! But this was a good one because he knows how much I love Aaliyah. LMAO!



*photo courtesy of 2dopeboyz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment