Monday, May 24, 2010

Rihanna - Rockstar 101

Red carpets, backdrops, flashes, cameras, velvet ropes, celebrities, pretty PR Girls, standing on VIP couches, Bottle service, shades in the club, and blackberry/iphones scattered over the cabanas after a night of insanely, overly excessive fun sounds like something straight out of a video shoot.

The truth is I actually live that lifestyle but most definitely on a mighty small scale. As I watch these new visuals to one of my favorite songs on Rihanna's new album, she actually might have me beat by just a little bit as she sings in her new video Rockstar 101 featuring legendary guitarist Slash.

When I first heard this song off of Rated R, I automatically started relating to my antics with some of my California peeps, but in reality I still have a long way to be a rockstar and that's why I continuously take notes from Rihanna in this song.

Rhianna's new video is very rockstar-esk, yet artistic and reminiscent of a young Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince combo back in the day, i.e. the "I'm a star and I know it" attitude.

Honestly, I can't be mad because when you work hard towards a goal and accomplish your dreams, you should be entitled to a different lifestyle as a celebration.

I mean you can and should still remain humble because it could easily be taken from you, but you still should take advantage of the candy store while you're in there!

Oh well, it is what it is...The Life.

Here's the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment