Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Live Notorious...

I woke up today in a mourning/celebrating type of mood. Why? Because as soon as I grabbed my blackberry to check the morning messages, I was instantly reminded of the day Notorious B.I.G. passed away leaving us with an archive of material that would inevitably go down as one of the best hip-hop works of all time.

Now without dweling on who the GOAT actually is, I have no choice but to admit BIG is solidified in the Top 4 MC's, Rappers and Hip-Hop artists of all time.

Hip-hop purist know specifically that these three lists ALL contain different artists but the top 4 still remain the same.

*Sidenote I know that 5th spot is almost impossible to fill because art is subjective so everyones list will be different but without question, Biggie Smallz is forever cemented in the top 4.

Although he only lived a short time, The Notorious B.I.G.'s body of work was so great, he can and will never be forgotten. The things that he did for New York, the urban scene, and hip-hop as a genre in whole can never be redone, reworked or replaced.

This morning I woke up humming Notorious Thugs even before I realized that today was March 9Th.

That should tell you how strong the hip-hop spirit is.

If you live to work, work to play and play to live notoriously, you will be remembered eternally!


I know this link won't last forever, so get it while you can.
RIP B.I.G.!

No comments:

Post a Comment