Thursday, July 15, 2010

You're Never Over

If you have ever lost anyone, whether it be that person moved away, you had a falling out or even something as tragic as death, then you know the pain that comes along with that loss.

A lot of times, we never really get over the loss, but we eventually learn to move on. I have some significant people that shaped my life and sometimes I wish they were as close to me as they used to be.

Everything happens for a reason and sometimes those people need to leave in order to make room for new people. Actually, I don't know if that's true but it sounds good for the time being.

The fact remains that there are certain people I miss and for whatever reason they will always be special to me because of the time that they were in my life.

I will never forget anything that anyone has done for me regardless if I still speak to them or not. I'm appreciative of everything that people do for me because I know that no one owes me anything.

Eminem has a song I am vibing to right now that fits my mood while I am missing these certain people.

The song I'm feeling right now is called You're Never Over from Eminem's new album Recovery. I love the fact that he samples Cry Little Sister (thou shall not fall) the theme song from The Lost Boys movie soundtrack. That's Old School!

My favorite part is actually the chorus where Eminem sings, "The days are cold livin' without you, The nights are long, I'm growing older, I miss the days though, thinking about you. You may be gone, but you're never over!"

I feel like Eminem hit the nail right on the head because the saying "You're Never Over" is the God's honest truth.

As long as you have the memories and lasting impressions those people missed have left with you, you will always have them in your heart and they will always be with you.

To those people that we have lost, you may not be with us, but you're never forgotten and you're never over!


1 comment: