Friday, July 30, 2010

Jay-Z - Good Old Days (DJ Green Lantern Mix)


It really seems like there's nothing like the old school. I know it also seems like they really don't make them like they used to, and I definitely remember the good old days.

I feel like as I get older, the memories keep getting better and the present is just a portal taking me to the future to begin actually living life by reminiscing on past to propel me to become better than I was.

Of course you should never live off of past fame and you should always work hard to become better than you were 5 seconds ago, but when I think of the past, it just reminds me that a lot of times its definitely not like it used to be.

After doing my weekly scroll of acquiring new music, I came across DJ Green Lanterns Jay-Z mixtape Creative Control. Skimming through, I realized some of the music is older Jay-Z material but it reminds me of the glory days.

One song in particular is Good Old Days, blended with Styles P and none other than 2Pac's verse from Old School. The blend is a perfect mastering of three genius rappers telling their recollections of growing up within their respective Burroughs of New York.

What I have learned from just listening to this song is yes we should cherish the old school but as we all get older, we should also realize that each day of life is a chance to do better than we did before.

Anyway, check out DJ Green Lantern's Mixtape Creative Control.

No comments:

Post a Comment