Monday, July 12, 2010

I Just Want To Be Happy...

If its true that everything happens for a reason, then its definitely true that you should live life to the fullest. You should also live with no regrets because life is too short.

A lot of times we worry about what people will think about our actions so we hesitate to live the way we want to.

The truth is, these same people that "judge" you only know what they see from the outside looking in, so how can they really tell you how to live your life when they don't know your whole story.

The phrase "walk in my shoes before you tell me where you think I should step" rings of truth to me as of late.
After being sick and actually having to take off from work for the past two weeks, I realize a few things. One, you can't and shouldn't count on anyone to make you happy. (Family not included).

You can't and shouldn't count on anyone to be there for you, and you definitely can't and shouldn't count on anyone to make you happy.

You and you alone are responsible for your happiness. Don't get me wrong its great if you do have someone to count on, but you have to remember people have their own lives and situations, so they may not be for you right when you need them. Then what will you do?

When people say, she made me mad, or he makes me happy, that's a figment of their imagination and a fallacy. The truth is you need to be happy with yourself or you will feel hollow from striving from other people's happiness.

Its like a topical ointment, it provides temporary relief but eventually it will rub off leaving you needing another fix. You need fulfillment from the inside.

Some people ask me why do I go out all of the time, or why am I so active within the social scene, and honestly the answer is because I know what it means to lay in a hospital bed weeks at time not being able to do things for yourself because of pain.

So every day that I have a chance to live, interact and entertain myself amongst energetic, lively people is another day for me to rejoice and be thankful for being healthy.
Whenever I need to seek out my happiness and find my own inner soul searching journey to completion, I turn to Mary J. Blige's song Be Happy. It is the truth. "I Just Wanna Be Happy, But The Answer Lies In Me...Life is too short to be trying to play some games."

Happiness comes from growth and in order to grow you need to be aware. Awareness comes from maturity. And with all that, maturity brings happiness because you realize you have grown and learned from your mistakes.

This cycle of life is a continuous process and until we understand this concept we will always be searching for the topical oinment, not the actual cure.

If none of this made sense, the easiest way I can explain is to let go of your troubles, find your own happiness and don't let anyone take THAT away from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment