Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Friends...

Its amazing to me how GREAT music can be timeless and remain relevant years later. Certain artists have this ability to make timeless music that will constantly be as fresh as the first time you heard it.

Ever since I got this TB Hard drive (that's a terabyte which means 1000 gigabytes of information) I have been stocking up on my hits all while reminiscing and listening to some of my old favorites.

Also through my reminiscing, I have started to think about my true friends that have been there since the playground days.
I have heard, you will probably only have 5 or 6 real friends in a lifetime. Those true friends are people that no matter what happens, you can always come back to right where you left off like you never left.

Lately, it seems as I strive to work hard, gain more exposure, and continue to climb the ladder of success by gradually achieving my goals, I can't help but start to wonder who is a real friend, who is a business acquaintance and who is just there because of what I can do for them. But as I do that, I have to take a step back, look and the mirror and say, "Wait a minute, am I a good friend myself?"

A song that sums up how I have been feeling lately is 2Pac's Never Had A Friend Like Me. I think He made this song in 1994-96 era and yet it is still relevant today.

"I'm Down for you, so ride with me...Nobody knows where will be...You ain't never had a friend like me." -2Pac

If you've ever had a true friend or been a true friend, this Throwback song is for you. To all my true friends, thanks for everything and hopefully, I'm just as good of a friend to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment