Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Unthinkable, I'm Ready...

When I was younger, I was very active and involved in a lot of activities and growing up my parents never pressured me to do anything that I didn't want to do. However, they did enforce the "don't be a quitter" rule.

So I had this thing instilled in my head that If I wasn't sure I could do something or finish it, I wouldn't start it. To this day, I still have that mentality, (To a certain extent and without it becoming the definition of insanity of course).

For whatever reason, in the last two days, I couldn't concentrate or get focused that is until I saw this new video. To start, Alicia Keys' song The Unthinkable (I'm Ready) is already a smash hit, but just seeing this beautiful specimen perform her song live with passion just inspired me to be great. Sometimes you need to see someone living their dream to inspire you to do yours.

What's interesting is the song can be interpreted in so many ways and of course I know she's speaking of taking a relationship to the next level. Well my relationship is my dedication to my work so I interpreted as I need to focus on my love and get to business.

Hopefully, you can find inspiration in this live performance as well. By the way, if you didn't know the album version has Drake singing in the background, hows that for motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment