Sunday, January 24, 2010

Project Runway...A Dream Come True.

Being a event photographer in the "scene" I think I have heard every story possible, but yet I am still amazed each day by some of the new stories that cross my brain's sound wave pattern.

I have to say the first photo pictured above, I took about 3 years ago while I was still working with 944 Magazine. These twins were contestants in their fashion institutes's fashion show that I was doing photo coverage for 944.

After the show, one of the twins says to me, "Hey you should take a picture of us we will be famous soon." Now usually, I hear all the time especially being a fashion/event/lifestyle photographer in San Diego, California, but for some reason, I didn't give my normal "Hollywood" reaction, like, yeah, yeah, yeah... okay. HA!

So I say to these kids, "Of course let's get the photo, I think you all might really be on to something!"

Fast forward 3 years, I am scheduled to shoot a fashion show in the Gaslamp District in which I have no clue as to what is going on at all except for my arrival time. To my surprise as I arrive, GUESS who just happens to be hosting the show? The TWINS! All grown up.

Come to find out the twins were right. Jesus Estrada and his brother Antonio are twin fashion stylists making there way through the journey to become rock stars in the fashion industry.

Low and behold, Jesus was hosting this fashion show to launch his new clothing line and to show the premier of Project Runway Season 7 in which he is a contestant.

Talk about having a dream, staying focused, and being dedicated. I guess you really never know who you will meet, so its always a good thing to be positive with everyone, because you never know who will be the next star to shine!

I have to wish Antonio and Jesus good luck and well wishes in all their endeavours. To you all they may be soon-to-be fashion icons, but to me they will always be the kids that taught me how to tie a neck scarf like a tie...

...what's funny is at the fashion show, I asked Antonio about the scarf and he said that I should start rocking the bow-tie now and that I may be too late with the scarf! Ha, I don't know! Most people that know me, know I am digging the scarf, for now. Anyway, we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment