Friday, September 11, 2009

Always Remember The Lives Of Our Loved Ones...


September 11Th 2001 was indeed a tragic day in American History. As my good friend Kalvin Reed always says, "one team, one dream" which means we are all brothers and if you hurt, then I hurt and if you succeed then so shall I.

On this day, many people lost their lives, family members and/or friends in the terrible terrorist attack on American soil. Even though I may or may not have known anyone personally from this violent turn of events, I as an American can only feel pain for my fallen brethren as my heart goes out to those that may have.

I realize this is a touchy subject for some people so I will try to keep it short. On the anniversary of 9-11, 8 years later, it still is a painful wedge in our side, society and our hearts.

I will mention however that I definitely want people to always remember the lives lost as and cherish this day as a memorial as well as to dig deeper into what 9-11 should also mean to us as Americans or human beings on earth for that matter. This valuable lesson is to always remember to not take life for granted because we are not promised tomorrow.

In all of its irony of this particular day, I lost a good friend two years later. Juan Jordan lost his life in senseless violence and ignorance on September 11, 2003. Although it wasn't in the same year, the day stands out because of its already horrendous relation. Either way, losing Juan was a terrible heartbreak because Juan was truly a good person.

Most times people only have good things about people after they pass away, but I honestly have to say, God forbid if anything bad would happen to any of my friends at the time, he would have been the last person I would think of for this terrible situation to happen to. Juan was the main one to continuously have a smile and usually be the voice of reason amongst our band of brothers.

R.I.P. to all those that lost a friend, family member or loved one on this horrific day. Keep your memories and cherish life as a celebration of life more so than a memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment