Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Fix...


Okay, so I have found a song that I really like so I decided to write some spoken word style to it, not really rapping just kinda vibing with the song. I know this isn't what a typically write about on SSD, but I'd be selling dreams if I said I don't like figurative songs, writing and poetry. I actually am working on a book full of my "Perspective". But thats a never ending story. Anyway...

Lloyd has a new song called "Pusha" and I was inspired to write "My Fix". So here it goes...

I have posted the songs from youtube.com so you can go check them out!



My Fix…

Sometimes things happen beyond your point of reach, meaning you have no sense of true certainty about the future which leaves you with but only a vague perception of the predetermined destiny you originally had planned for yourself while slowly beginning to realize that your sense of judgment has been warped, shielded and misdirected by a dimension solely to be recognized as your subconscious reality.

In trying to find focus because of all the world’s many distractions, I find myself looking for that dope, the opium that controls my soul, that pure cocoa leaf that knows I like it to assertively take control… its true, I’m an addict, I can’t get on with my life, until I get a hit than everything feels alright. She understands my needs and supplies me with no restrictions; keeps me warm when I’m cold. I’m free to use her with no convictions.

She’s Outside Checking for me before I even make that call, on the corner at all times she knows exactly when I need a hit, always in the right place at the right time for me to get my fix, could it be I keep coming back for more, maybe it’s great like the first time, I remember she let me get a little bit of that taste which is comparable only to an ageless beauty processed over time, she’s fine like wine…which becomes another personality trait sort of like an addiction…

…inhaling deep breaths of her like it’s a line of the white girl, my pusher has diplomatic immunity; safe from harm along any coast in the world. It could be a tropical hurricane full of flavor or devastation, but I’ll take the risk and pay the penalty to cross the border just to get that shot I need.

As time flies and the mental state freezes in complete utopia, it’s time to go back to work early, but before I go, I take a hit of this coke bottle shape ready to be devoured, I want, or more so, yearn to savor this injection straight to the heart to last throughout the rest of the day…and if I get a second taste, I’ll be floating on cloud nine.

One minute you can be minding your business and the next thing you’re caught up in a web of harmony, or so you think, with no escape. That controlled substance can be a monster or the one thing missing to make your life complete. The Substance is my addiction; she is my pusher. Quite frankly, I’m NOT talking about a prescription or medical drugs…The substance I’m referring to is love…Love is My drug.

© - I.$.H. for www.stopsellingdreams.com

1 comment:

  1. DEEP I.S.H.
    WE LIVING THE DREAM.. NOT SELLING IT.
    XOXO OFFICIAL TRISHA

    ReplyDelete