Saturday, September 12, 2009

Burger Lounge...


So, this past Wednesday Burger Lounge offered a free burger if you showed you were following them on Twitter. Ah, gotta love blackberry and smartphones with apps to make life easier. With this economy in turmoil, I'm starting to think the word free means having physical hard earned cash. Why? Because right now, businesses are literally giving the candy store away in order to get people to walk through their doors.

Having freebies now-a-days gives you the feeling that you have money even if you don't because subconsciously you KNOW money is scarce but you're still living like Prince Akeem, while sowing your royal oats provided by the fruits of the land. Or that could just be me?

HA! Anyway, I was more than happy to get a free burger especially when I found out they won best local Hamburger joint by San Diego Magazine. Oh wow, time for research!

Wait, SSD! It was a readers poll so I have to ask, even though I respect San Diego Magazine very much, how many of YOU all reading this article, read San Diego Magazine or voted in the reader poll for that matter? Nothing against SDM, but readers polls alone are biased based of the demographic by it self. I won't get into that dream sold, that is for another day.

The Burger was actually pretty good, but I did notice the regular price was kinda steep for a local burger joint, and to be real, although I did enjoy it, I could think of a few other Burger joints (LOCALLY) that I WOULD go to before traveling to Adams Street again. (There is also a location in Little Italy, which may be a better locale for me since I'm always downtown).

Don't get me wrong, it was good and if a group of my friends mentioned going to get a burger at Burger Lounge I wouldn't be opposed, but I define something "being the best" as, having a reoccuring CRAVING for that particular product, like the Firehouse Burger, hmmmmm, but that's neither here nor there. All in all, the Burger was good, and if you all are burger lovers you should at least give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment