Monday, September 14, 2009

Stone Him...Or Not..


Before the minutemen and militia come to MY house with stones, wooden picks and torches, I want to say I do NOT CONDONE Kanye West's actions at the MTV VMA's last night. But I have to throw the SSD flag. Although what 'Ye did was tasteless, classless and out of pocket I really wanna know HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE ACTUALLY felt the same way he did about Beyonce being the winner over Taylor, but you Wouldn't vocalize your thoughts. HA!

Once again, speaking your mind makes you a cry baby or less of a person, but I think it takes guts to say what most people are thinking but scared to. Now obviously there is a time and place for everything and speaking your mind about something during someone else's time to shine is NOT OKAY or the right time! Kanye, I got mad love for you, but even I think you dropped the ball on this one, but I'm sure he already knows that and I'm not gonna focus on his mistakes. There is no excuse but he is still human.

Okay now that we have that out of the way, I want to really throw a flag at all of the judges, jury's and executioners out there that dictate who to condemn for making mistakes. Kanye screwed up big time there is no doubt about that and people will continue to make their judgment, but my question is why is it that when celebs are on top of the world, they LITERALLY are on top of the world and when they make a mistake, its OFF with his head?

I'm trying to figure out who is free from sin, or perfect or just never makes dumb mistakes? ALL of us have played the "Kanye role" at one point in time, (sticking your foot in your mouth or making unwise decisions) such as dating the person COMPLETELY wrong for you, getting a DUI, saying things you shouldn't have, muscular looking dudes wearing Jerry curls and skinny jeans. I mean we all make mistakes, so how can we condemn someone for making a mistake, only to later on put them back on the same pedestal we tossed them off of.

I remember, Robert Downey Jr. had continuous run-ins with the law because of his coke, drug addiction and people threw the book at him, Mel Gibson blurted out madness to the cops, Michael Vick had issues with dogs... All these celebs are still human beings, but yet they are treated like Gods and Devils depending on which time the jury wants to cherish or torture them.

Mike Vick is back in NFL playing football, probably going to START for the Eagles now seeing as McNaab is hurt again. Robert Downey Jr. IS IRONMAN, and Mel Gibson is still making multi-million dollar films.

Celebs fall from grace time and time again only to be right back in the spotlight. I mean Martha Stewart is RICHER than she was before she WENT to jail. Kanye will be condemned for a while then this will pass over and people will celebrate him later on.

Really, the only reason people are even making a fuss about this situation is because right now Taylor Swift is viewed as cute, a sweetheart etc but so was Lindsey Lohan until she became human. And we don't even want to talk about Serena Williams...

Everyone makes mistakes and who are we to not grant a second chance, because believe me if its you at the mercy of the court for your speeding ticket, I'm almost positive you want the judge to be merciful and not take your license away. What? I'm just saying...put the noose, torch and wooden pitch forks down people! Your favorite celebrity is still human.

No comments:

Post a Comment