Saturday, August 15, 2009

Can't Stop Football Fans!


As I am sure you were, earlier today, I was super pumped to watch the starting kick-off of the 2009-10 football season until being hit by a super buzz kill finding out the game would not be televised due to local NFL guidelines blacking the game out. I know for me, finding out the Seahawks-Chargers first official preseason game being blacked out only in San Diego definitely put a damper on my "good ole fooozeball spirit" so I could imagine how any other football fanatic felt.

Apparently, the NFL has rules and guidelines to when it comes to airing games in the home game teams area based off of how many tickets the stadium sells and obviously the stadium didn't meet the qualifications, hence the game not being televised in the San Diego market.

Honestly, this is the pre-season so I can understand why people might hold off on paying full price tickets to see their favorite star players only get to play a few downs before sitting out the rest of the game to preserve star athletes from devastating injuries.

*Sidenote (what's ironic is, I don't see how the game should be blacked out even if it is the pre-season, because almost every Facebook update and twitter post shows pics of people being at the game...lol). Fortunately for us, we all know you can't keep a good football fan's perseverance and spirit down.

Whether you love, hate or don't care about a particular sports team, to not be able to watch any game is a football fans worst nightmare as well as an overall unjust travesty.

Without further delay...WATCH THE CHARGERS GAME SINCE ITS BLACKED OUT!!!!
*Thanks to my man Travis's and his facebook Page for sending us this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment