Friday, November 6, 2009

World Series Champions...Already Home...

"Oh they want me to fall (fall), Fall from the top (top), They want me to drop (drop), They want me to stop (stop), They want me to go (go), I’m already gone (already), The &*%* that I’m on, I’m already home (Hey, I’m already home yeah)." - Kid Cudi/Jay-Z.

Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees 3rd Baseman, chose to use Jay-Z and Kid Cudi's Blueprint 3 album track Already Home as his batting music. It seems like this was the greatest choice seeing as in order to score points in baseball you have to get to home plate!

Through my life, a lesson I continuously tend to realize is sometimes you just have to look deep in your soul, stop worrying about what others think and do what's in your heart. 2009 must be the year that Alex Rodriguez has chosen to do so by snapping out of his post season slump.

In the past, A-Rod has come to be known as a postseason slacker because of his less than great performances due to all of the underlying pressure people, media and nay-sayers put on him to achieve.

This year changed everything because he had no pressure to succeed or achieve. After coming back from hip surgery, the only pressure A-Rod was under was pressure to be himself, and not to be who someone else wanted him to be. No Pressure!!!? That's food for thought.

Congratulations to the 2009 World Series Champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment