Monday, November 16, 2009

Ivan S. Harris "Dirty 30" Hosted By Mya

After the month of November 2009 comes to an end, I will have reached a milestone by turning the big Three Zero.

Now depending on which side of the age spectrum you're standing on, you may think age 30 is either still very young or very, very old, but for me personally, I don't feel young or old.

Quite frankly, what I do feel is just very wow. Seriously, it's wow to the effect of me just talking to my mom about how we BOTH could not believe how I am turning 30 years old on the 18Th.

To be honest, there are certain things I specifically remember as if they happened yesterday.

I remember actually being 6 years old wondering what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I remember the real Saturday morning cartoons. I remember graduating Jr. High School thinking is high school going to be as hard as the stories claim to be.

I also remember graduating my 3 different levels of education including from high school saying, "oh that wasn't so bad at all." (I still have all of the tassels hanging on the mantel at my Mom's house if I ever need a reminder).

I remember that my first real punch-in-the-clock job wasn't until I went away to college, and I remember being in the Drumline for Santa's Marching Band in the 1998 Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade.

I remember having my own talk show in college and I definitely remember graduating from that same college, Illinois State University.

I also remember my Jerry Springer internship and how much fun that was. On the flip side, I remember meeting Ice Cube and then getting laid off on my day off. Although it wasn't on a Friday, it did happen to be the very next day after meeting Cube, Ha!

There is no way in the world I could ever forget that cold night I decided after weeks of debating that I was going to finally pack up and "move to California" to pursue my dreams.

All of these things really seem like they happened yesterday. The fact that the month of November has come around for my 30Th time still amazes me.

I do have to say thanks to every single one of my life's occurrences, great friends and the opportunity of a lifetime, because I will always remember my 30Th birthday party.

Why?

Because Ridiculous Entertainment (Chris Jones & DJ Ironic) got the beautiful R&B Singer/Dancing With The Stars 2009 participant Mya to host my Dirty 30. Wow, what a life right?

Hopefully, God will bless me to see another 30 years full of unbelievable memories. Thanks to everyone that came to celebrate with me on my special day.

I.$.H.'s Dirty 30 hosted By Mya photos Here...


*Birthday Photographer for Dirty 30 Event: Ebony Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment