Wednesday, August 25, 2010

RIP Aaliyah

9 Years ago today, the entertainment industry lost an angel. Aaliyah Dana Haughton passed away at the tender age of 22. I can only imagine how life would be if Aaliyah was still here to bless us with her presence, gift and love.

My only way to make sense of this tragic loss is to say that everything happens for a reason and the positive outlook is that she will always have a lasting impression on most if not all of our hearts.

I realize some people may not even be old enough to remember Aaliyah or her music, but to me she was more than just a star, an excellent singer or my favorite celebrity, she was a beacon of light I used to continue to search for the good in people.

Even though her death was a tragic loss, Aaliyah can and always will remain in our thoughts, prayers and hearts through her work i.e. films, music and her timeless, beautiful photographs.

RIP Aaliyah Dana Haughton
January 16, 1979 - August 25, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment