Monday, August 9, 2010

8-9-10...Be Great And Do Something Epic!!

Today August 9, 2010 (8-9-10) is a once in a lifetime date, so I am instantly inspired to want to do something great.

In my search for greatness, I decided to surf the websites of great people.

My first stop led me to Diddy's blog. Of course there would be a new Nike ad for Michael Jordan entitled Maybe It's My Fault.

As you all may know, while I surf, edit and work on my computer, I have to listen to music, so I always skim through the new releases on Mondays.

While skimming through the new music and surfing the web, I picked Fat Joe to have the SSD stand out song of the week featuring R. Kelly called How Did We Get Here.

This is my I'm Focused song and this song should also serve as an inspiration to people wanting to accomplish their goals.

A lot of times we make mistakes and feel we can never begin, continue on with or complete our goals. I am here to say, this is the day to change that mentality and go be epic.

It starts with having a dream, not selling a dream or giving false hope to someone, but actually delivering through on a thought process by acting on your passion to want to be great.

If you have a goal, don't let anyone tell you can't do it. As R. Kelly sings, "How did we get here from the middle of no where?" It means, keep pushing forward, don't let negative energy hold you back and believe in yourself.

I think we should all find some sort of inspiration from this day.

When we look back in the past two years we should find inspiration, whether its by Drew Brees winning the Superbowl and being able to meet President Obama, or even President Obama becoming the first Black President.

Maybe you can gain inspiration from Diddy having a billboard in Times Square. Or maybe your inspiration could come from Michael Jordan becoming the greatest player in Basketball to now becoming an NBA team owner.

Or if you are human like all of us and make mistakes or become shunned upon for personal matters, then you may find inspiration from R. Kelly.

By seeing Kellz focus his energy on his music and leave the negavity behind, he has once again started to gain notoriety for what made him great, which is good music.

I feel that anyone deserves a second chance as long as they work hard and focus their energy in a positive matter.

The moral of this story is, everyone should find some inspiration from this day to become great!

No comments:

Post a Comment