Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life ft Drake

Today's I'm focused song is Moment 4 Life by Nicki Minaj featuring Drake. I wish that I could have this moment for life!!! Sometimes you have to sit back and realize all of the good things around you because one day they may no longer be there.

Friends, good times, money, life and all things can easily be taken away in an instant, so its important to cherish the life and people around you.

On Moment 4 Life, Nicki Minaj tackles this issue with sheer truth.

"I fly with the stars in the skies,
I am no longer trying to survive,
I believe that life is a prize,
But to live doesn’t mean you’re alive,
Don’t worry bout me and who I fire
I get what I desire it’s my empire
And yes I call the shots I am the umpire
I sprinkle holy water upon a vampire, vampire
And this very moment I’m king
This very moment I slay Goliath with a sling,
This very moment I bring
Put it on everything that I will retire with the ring,
And I will retire with the crown, Yes!
No I’m not lucky I’m blessed, Yes!
Clap for the heavyweight champ, Me!
But I couldn’t do it all alone, We!
Young Money raised me, grew up out in Paisley
Southside Jamaica, Queens and it’s crazy
cuz I’m still hood, Hollywood couldn't change me
shout out to my haters, sorry that you couldn't faze me
aint being cocky we just vindicated, best believe that when were done
This moment will be syndicated, I don’t know this night just reminds me
of everything that they deprived me of, kuhh!
ppppp put ya drinks up, it’s a celebration every time we link up
We done did everything they can think of
Greatness is what we wanna brink up." - Nicki Minaj

When you are striving for a goal, its important to feel exactly like Nicki in this song in order to be successful or you may get sucked up within the extra-curricular madness.

The downside of being an artist is often times it seems like people may tend to only use you for your gifts and what you can do for them but when you find real friends that don't care "who you are" its always good to be able to share this special time with them.

The fact that I am blessed to share two days celebrating my birthday with multiple groups of friends is the greatest feeling and a blessing in itself this weekend.

Anyway, make sure you cherish your moments and cherish this song...Do people still use ringtones??? HA!

Oh and shout out to @NicoleEssco for the heads up to this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment