Tuesday, February 23, 2010

IHOP...National Pancake Day...

Usually when I hear about these so called, gimmicky, free day offerings from restaurants and business establishments, I automatically think its some secret ploy to lure you in the door and then... BAM, next thing you know you've spent 4o dollars.

Wait a minute, how is it free if I ended up spending money? HA, I guess the saying "Nothing in life is free" is true.

When this false hope/set up for failure happens, I tell those places, SSD! I used to work for a marketing company so believe me, I know the tricks.

However, I am happy to say today is a little different. IHOP is offering a free stack of pancakes which usually takes place on Fat Tuesday (think about the week of Mardi Gras). After investigating online and seeing the advertisement, I have to admit the IHOP commercial actually tells you upfront to give a donation if you're gonna come in for the free stack of pancakes.

I can't hate that because as usual, I was gonna ended up spending money getting eggs, sausage and the works, at least now I can just give the pancake portion to the charity.

Anyway, enjoy your free pancakes and give to the charity.

Check out http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/ for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment