Monday, February 1, 2010

Drop The World...

Have you ever had a day when you woke up already inspired and motivated to accomplish your goals? And then things (positive AND negative) just kept happening to push you to work even harder to accomplish this goal.

If I may, I think I can do a run through of the occurrences going through your head...

First,

these situations keep happening, literally pushing you to the point where your ambitious mind leads you to have animosity towards everything.

Then,

you are put in a mind set were you are no longer motivated but angry, bitter and agitated if you don't finish what you started.

Now,

its no longer considered inspiration or motivation, its annoyance and spite that has been directed at everything including yourself.

Am I Right?

An example would be by you saying "You know what, forget that!!! This is some BS! I am ready to prove to the world that I am EXACTLY what I said I would be! And when I do prove it, I will rub it in your face all while screaming at the top of my lungs I told you so."

First of all, if you have ever had that feeling, I feel your pain because that is how I feel today. If you have never had that feeling then just be patient you will eventually.

The interesting thing is that, you should really never feel that you have to prove anything to anybody but yourself. It is okay to be inspired, just don't let your inspiration turn into a disastrous attempt at spite of someones negative ill will towards you.

My I'm focused song comes from 2 MC's that have had that fair share of "What? No, You Can't Do That..." Last night Lil Wayne performed at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards and for the opening act, he performed "Drop The World" featuring Eminem.


"The top gets higher, the more that I climb The spot gets smaller, and I get bigger Tryin to get in where I fit in, no room for a n*** But, soon for a n**** it be on muthha'**** Cause, all this bull**** done made me strong muthha'*****! So I Pick the world up and I'ma DROP it on yo' f***** head!" - Lil Wayne


These are words of inspiration to say the least, and to be honest, that's exactly how I feel right now, I'm just motivated to do whatever I set my mind to and then after I have done so successfully, I just want to drop the "accomplishment" on the haters, doubters and nay-sayers heads.

But I have to remember, the reason I became an artist was to be remembered for my positive body of work and thoughts, not by the bitterness left over as a result of backlash and nonsense.

To dig deeper in my emotional midst, exactly two years ago today, February 1st 2008, my grandmother passed away and I think that sourness towards dealing with death is intertwined into my motivation.

Either way, I will remember to remain positively focused as a way to remember her legacy while steadily building my own.

With that said, take this song and use it positively by building your legacy and deciding to not let anyone dictate how you live in your world.




No comments:

Post a Comment