Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Emergency, Man Down...Man Down...

To use or not to use...it's not just a question, its a lifestyle choice. Yesterday, millions of North American Blackberry smartphone (i.e. Crackberry, a powerful, addictive cellular device that gets work done while being mobile) users scrambled for dear life because their best friend/phone was living in a nonfunctional, lifeless state due to the Internet data service temporarily being down.

RIM, manufacturer of Blackberry smartphones, reported a service outage to the whole North America for a period of time. I personally must admit, I'm an avid Crackberry user and with my device being down, I suffered from functional withdrawals.

(Pookie voice from New Jack City) It's bad man, I needed my Crackberry man...it just keeps calling me.

Now, some of you may say, I don't get what's so big about this device that makes people freak out, but I want to point out a very important issue while throwing a SSD flag as well!

First, ALL phones, ALL phone carriers and ALL technology comes with service issues from time to time so before you iphone users start jumping for joy and other "trendy-following, use-a blackberry-because-its-cool-users" start switching to other phones, I want to say PUMP YOUR BREAKS!

*sidenote, To be honest, the Iphone can never truly be "superior" to Blackberry until it does a few things which I will get to.

Ok, so why are these crackberry junkies going nuts for their device? Blackberry has superior functionality because it manages a lifestyle, network or business with the touch a few buttons all while being mobile. Sort of a computer on the go without having to lug your laptop around.

Yes, Iphone has a world of great apps, but the fact remains and will ALWAYS remain that until Iphone is able to be used on ALL cell phone carriers and offers a physical keyboard it can never be superior. Blackberry delivers the consumer an array of options such as a physical keyboard, touchscreen, and the option to choose a device on all major cell phone carriers. Choice is always superior to limitation.

Like I said, it comes down to superior marketing vs. superior product. I'm sure there are fair weather friends that switched to different devices during the RIM outage, but do you really think RIM will go out of business soon?

No, because RIM has a superior product. Of course Apple won't stop selling Iphones either because they have a superior marketing team.

In the end, you personally have to find the phone that works best for you. And that is not selling dreams but realizing the truth. For I$H, I despise ATT as a service and I HATE touchscreens so the choice is obvious, its crackberry for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment