Thursday, March 15, 2012

AMEX Presents Jay-Z Live @ SXSW (Full



I waited a few days to post this video specifically to consume the backlash of public opinion from both sides.  What I learned from the aftermath of JiggaMan: SXWS was just as life, some people hated the performance saying since he fumbled verses he's too old and needs to retire while others praised it as pure Gold.

The fact that this concert streamed live via youtube where fans could interact by choosing songs for Jay-Z to perform was amazing.

Truthfully, if he was performing so many songs including ones chosen for him to perform randomly, who cares if he fumbled through a few lines on two songs out of the 20 plus songs performed, seriously?

Some people hate you, some people love you.  Some people hate Art, others love that same piece of Art.  I guess the truth is ART not only imitates life, ART is Life.

My personal opinion of JiggaMan: SXSW is until another Rapper can even accomplish performing this caliber concert (including NOT fumbling ANY of THEIR lyrics for 90 minutes) I will crown them.  For now, Jay-Z's accomplishments up until this past Monday leave him standing alone as the king of Rap.

In My Opinion, the closest competition of course would be Nas or Eminem, but neither Nas nor Eminem have a song with Sade or are they married to Queen Beyonce.  I know, I know... I could debate others as well, but I will leave that debate for another time.

HAHA...seriously, if you missed the show live, check out the concert video courtesy of VEVO.

No comments:

Post a Comment