Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alicia Keys - Speechless


The thing I like most about A Dot Keys is that she is an artist true and through. Alicia Keys embraces musicianship, lyrical writing skills and of course the actual delivery.

I also love music and I love the creation process of music. Most times I just want to be in the studio just to vibe with these talented artists. I used to be a drummer and DJ so I understand the engineering and production part of track making. Even though I don't produce anymore, I still love music.

If you want to talk about goals and New Years Resolutions, mine is to be in the studio more with ESTABLISHED artists taking epic photographs that tell the story of the creation process.

The funny thing is I was just talking to my man @DJBILLEKNIGHT about Art and what it means to be an artist, and then I just happened to stumble across the Making Of Speechless video . Through our convo and seeing the speechless video, I was just inspired again.

Anyway, I'm digging this Swizz Beats, Alicia Keys and Eve rendition Speechless using Kanye West's Devil In A New Dress beat.

I also was inspired to write a new piece called "Artistic" talking about how to turn passion or an abstract thought into concrete Art (something tangible). So Go check that out when you have a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment